Checking in from Ubud, Bali! Right now I've just checked into a hostel, after staying a week in a private hotel room. It has been great with some privacy, but I'm looking forward to the hostel environment and meeting some new people.
I will miss this view from my balcony though.
- Surfing! My previous attempt has, well, lacked success. But this time I actually surfed, for several hours, several days. On a real board. And now I'm officially hooked. Wake up at 4.30 to go surfing before breakfast? I'm not even hitting snooze.
- A trip to a bunch of waterfalls. I joined a few people from the camp to go on a road trip (with a driver) up to the north side of Bali. We visited the Gitgit waterfalls and The Secret Garden (which was so secret I was surprised when we actually found it). The later featured a waterfall slide that made me swear I would come back to haunt my fellow travelers if I didn't survive. But I did, and had to admit it was fun.
- The food. Especially here in Ubud, it's heaven for someone like me. I mainly eat vegetarian when I'm traveling, and have only had one bad meal so far. Almost everything is just delicious.
- My new Kindle. I can't understand what took me so long to get one, but now that I have, it will never leave my side.
- Being sick while traveling. It may look all sunsets and beach bums, but the fact is that I've yet to meet a person who has not experienced some version of "Bali belly". Add a cold to that, and the past week has not been pure excitement.
- I miss breathing fresh air. Thanks to the heavy traffic and all scooters, the air here is not quite what I'm spoiled with.
- Not realizing I needed to pay for Visa on arrival to be able to extend it after 30 days. So now I've booked a trip to Singapore over the day next week.
All in all, I have definitely had some good first few weeks. I started working this Monday and so far it's running pretty smoothly. Will be posting more on that in the coming weeks!
Mostly location independent, originally from Sweden, calls Berlin home and travel more than I intend to. See what I’m up to at the moment here.
For fun I also write, take pictures and have a newsletter.